Attractions & Activities
Things to do in Hocking Hills, Ohio
There is never a shortage of things to do in Hocking Hills! Whether its zip lining, massages, swimming or more, there is always a new adventure waiting for you just around the corner. Explore all the different attractions in the area to visit during your stay at Valley View Cabins.
- Rock Stull Natural Preservatory: Located 1 mile from Valley View Cabins. A round trip hike of about 35 minutes includes a waterfall and unique scenery!
- Boch Hollow State Nature Preserve: Located 3 miles away from our cabins, hike over 572 acres and see how many diverse kinds of wildlife you can find!
- Hocking Hills Canopy Tours: Their multiple tour options allow something for everyone, including their new Dragonfly for Kids! Located 8 miles away!
- Valley Zipline Tours: Hang 15 – 40 feet in the air and cover 7000 feet of ziplining excitement!
- Blue Valley Massage & Traveling Spa: Why leave the comfort of your cabin? They come straight to you! Couple’s side-by-side massage, hot stone massage, facials, wraps and more! Mention you’re staying at Valley View Cabins and take $20.00 off a couple’s massage! Call for details, 740.653.2256.
- Blue Moon Acres, LLC: Their specialty is individuals, couples or smaller groups providing a more personal, adventurous experience! Open April 1st through mid November. Call for details, 740.380.6230.
- Happy Trails Horseback Rides: Centrally located in Hocking Hills, they offer rides for beginners to advanced. Guaranteed a scenic ride from an hour long, to all day. The choice is yours! Call for details, 740.380.6372. Open April to end of October.
- Hocking Hills Adventures: The stretch covers 15 miles passing by the Natural Rockbridge. Contact them at 740.385.8685.
- Hocking Hills Canoe Livery: Two canoe trip options are available based on length of time. Both great for beginners! Cover the Hocking River and enjoy scenic views. Call for details at 740.385.0523.
Hocking Hills, Ohio State Parks– Ask for your visitors guide with a detailed map at check-in!
- Old Man’s Cave: Hocking Hills most popular feature! Two large waterfalls with swirling pools, deep gorges and massive rock formations. If you start here, you can make your way down to Cedar Falls and then Ash Cave. Old Man’s Cave is located about 30 min. from our cabins.
- Cedar Falls: Among some of the most popular falls, a 50-foot waterfall falls over the cliff face. A well-kept picnic area is located within a short walk.
- Ash Cave: Located in the southern most part of the Hocking Hills, Ash Cave has the most impressive recess caves in the area. It has a runoff waterfall that drops 90 feet into a pool, and during the winter, the waterfall transforms into a soaring ice sculpture that often stretches from the top to the bottom.
- Cantwell Cliffs: Located in the northern most part of Hocking Hills, Cantwell Cliffs is a high cliff that overhangs as the shape of a horseshoe. Located less than 20 min. away.
- Conkle’s Hollow: A half-mile walk takes you through breathtaking 200-foot cliffs to the trail’s end. Numerous waterfalls cascade over its sandstone cliffs.
- Rockbridge State Nature Preserve: As Ohio’s largest natural bridge, it spans 100 feet long and 10 – 20 feet wide.
- Rock House: As the only true cave in the park, this tunnel-like corridor is situated midway up a 150-foot cliff of Black Hand sandstone.
- Public pools available in Lancaster, Bremen and Nelsonville. Also available at Lake Logan and Old Man’s Cave State Park.
For more information on the Hocking Hills area go to: