Hocking Hills Activities
Unearth the beauty of Hocking Hills with one of the many hiking trails in the area. Hocking Hills State Park offers an extensive trail system that brings visitors to some of southeastern Ohio’s most beautiful landmarks. So, head outdoors and discover these Hocking Hills hiking trails during your stay at Valley View Cabins.
- Old Man’s Cave: Hocking Hills’ most popular destination! Discover two large waterfalls with swirling pools, deep gorges, and massive rock formations along this hike. Start at Old Man’s Cave, and you can make your way down to Cedar Falls and then Ash Cave. Old Man’s Cave is located about 30 minutes from Valley View Cabins.
- Cedar Falls: Among some of the most popular falls, a 50-foot waterfall cascades over a towering cliff face. A well-kept picnic area is located within a short walk for an afternoon picnic lunch.
- Ash Cave: Located in the southernmost part of the Hocking Hills, Ash Cave offers the most impressive recess caves in the area. Its runoff waterfall drops 90 feet into a large pool, and during the winter, the waterfall transforms into a soaring ice sculpture that often stretches from top to bottom.
- Cantwell Cliffs: Located in the northernmost part of Hocking Hills, Cantwell Cliffs is a high cliff that overhangs in the shape of a horseshoe. Cantwell Cliffs is located less than 20 minutes away from Valley View Cabins.
- Conkle’s Hollow: A half-mile walk takes you through breathtaking 200-foot cliffs to the trail’s end. Numerous waterfalls cascade over its sandstone cliffs.
- Rockbridge State Nature Preserve: As Ohio’s largest natural bridge, it spans 100 feet long and 10 – 20 feet wide.
- Rock House: As the only true cave in the park, this tunnel-like corridor is situated midway up a 150-foot cliff of Black Hand sandstone.
For Hocking Hills hiking trails closer to Valley View Cabins:
- Rock Stull Nature Preserve: Located one mile from Valley View Cabins. A round trip hike of about 35 minutes includes a waterfall and beautiful scenery!
Boch Hollow State Nature Preserve: Located three miles away from our cabins, hike over 572 acres and see how many diverse kinds of wildlife you can find!